Have you just switched from Android to iPhone? After the switch, the first and foremost thing you should do is transferring the ‘Contacts’ and ‘Messages’ from your old Android to your new iPhone.
If you are searching for ways to do exactly that, you are in the right place, at the right time. Because in this article, we will be sharing the most popular ways to transfer ‘Contacts’ and ‘Messages’ from Android to iPhone.
If you need to know the methods. You should read the rest of the article. Believe it or not, you will be glad that you did.
That’s not all.
You will be happy to know that we will also attach screenshots with each step. So, it won’t matter if you have experience with technicalities or not. So, without wasting our time. Let’s get to it.
Using third-party apps:
There are a lot of apps which can be used to transfer files from Android to iPhone. But, the best is the ‘dr.fone – Switch’ software. We have tried other apps too. But, this has one of the best easy-to-use user-interface. And, it works like a charm. Also, it can do the transfer in a blink of an eye. So let’s learn the way to transfer ‘Messages’ and ‘Contacts’ from android to iPhone using ‘dr.fone – Switch’.
- Install the ‘dr.fone – Switch’ software on your PC/MAC
- Then launch the software with ‘Run as Administrator’ privilege
- After the software is launched, click on the option named as ‘Switch’
- Now, you have to connect your devices to the computer. As you will transfer files between iPhone and Android phone. You have to connect both of your devices to your computer
- Make sure your phones are unlocked during this process
- After the software recognize your devices, you will see an image like this one below. One of your phones will be detected as the ‘Source’ and another will be detected as ‘Destination’
- As you will transfer from the Android device to the iPhone. Make sure that the Android is the ‘Source’ and the iPhone is the ‘Destination’ device
- If you want to interchange the source and destination devices. You have to click on the ‘Flip’ button
- If you want to delete data before transferring files from the iPhone, you can click on the ‘Clear data before copy’ button
- Now, select the ‘Contacts’ and ‘Text Messages’ option by check–marking the box next to these options
- You can also select other options if you want. But, as this tutorial is for only ‘Messages’ and ‘Contacts’, we will only select the two options
- After selecting , you can click on the ‘Start Transfer’ button
- Then the file transfer will start automatically. You will see a popup window which will show the progress of the transfer
- To be noted, do not disconnect either of the phones from your PC/MAC. Also, try not to use those phones during the transfer. Eventually, the transfer will end
How to transfer Contacts manually via Gmail:
It is pretty known that Android gives the option to save your contacts to Gmail account. And, from your Gmail account, you can actually sync those contacts to your iPhone. But, it is not possible to transfer messages this way. Let’s see how this works.
On the Android device:
- On your Android Phone, go to the ‘Settings’
- Then scroll down and tap on ‘Accounts’
- On the next page, you will see a list of all of the accounts you have connected to your Android device. From there, tap on ‘Google’ icon
- On the next page, you will find all of the Gmail accounts you have connected to your Android phone. Tap on the Gmail account to which you have saved the contacts
- On the next page, you have to tap the knob next to the ‘Sync Contacts’ option. You can also activate other options too. It is up to you
- Then you have to tap on the ‘Sync Now’ button from the bottom to start the syncing
- You will see that the syncing process is going on
As you have just synced the contacts to your Gmail account. You can sync them to your iPhone now. Let’s see the process.
On the iPhone:
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu on your iPhone
- Go to the ‘Contacts’ option
- On the next page, tap on the ‘Accounts’ button
- Then tap on the ‘Add account’ button from the following page
- Now, tap on the ‘Google’ button from the list
- On the next page, you have to add the Gmail account to which you just synced the contacts from your Android phone
- After adding the Gmail account, activate the ‘Contacts’ sync option by touching the knob next to the icon
- Then tap on the ‘Save’ button from the top-right corner of the screen. Now, the contacts from the Android Phone will be automatically synced to your iPhone. You need Wi-Fi or mobile data for the synchronization process
How to transfer ‘Text Messages’ from Android to iPhone manually:
As we have just discussed the way to transfer ‘Contacts’ from Android to iPhone. Now it is time for transferring ‘Text Messages’. We will share a method using which you will be able to transfer ‘Messages’ and also ‘Contacts’ from Android to iPhone. It is officially recommended by Apple Inc.
However, there are some issues with this method. The first thing is you need to have a fresh iPhone. We mean, your iPhone should be in ‘out-of-the-box’ condition. If you have already set up your iPhone. Then you have to factory reset all of the settings. So, if you want to take the risk you can try this method. Let’s go.
- When you start your iPhone for the first time, you will have to setup the iPhone
- At some point, you will see the ‘Apps & Data’ option. Click on the ‘Move Data from Android’ from the options
- On the next page, you will be told to download the ‘Move to iOS’ app on your Android phone. You can download the app on your Android from here. It is available on Google Play store. So download it on your Android phone and click on ‘Continue’ to go to the next step
- On the next page, you will find a code. This code needs to be entered in the Android ‘Move to iOS’ app
- On the next page, you will see a message about the code of iPhone. Tap on ‘Next’ button to continue
- Now, enter the code on the next page
- Then choose what you want to transfer. For our case, we will choose ‘Messages’ and ‘Contacts’
- Then tap on ‘Next’ button from the top-right corner
- On the next screen, you will see the transfer is in progress
- Click on ‘Done’ on the Android phone to finish the process
- And, click on ‘Continue Setting Up iPhone’
If you follow this process, you will be able to easily transfer ‘Text messages’ and ‘Contacts’ from Android to iPhone.
If you are switching from an Android to iPhone then this guide will help you. We have tried to share the popular methods to make the switch as smooth as possible. If you have read the article you will notice that the best method is to use the ‘dr.fone – Switch’ software.
Because you can actually transfer both ‘Contacts’ and ‘Messages’ at once with just a few clicks. The process is too easy to follow and you don’t have to delete or format anything from any of your smartphones.